Pennsylvania funds poultry operations
Over US$1.18 million in state-financed loans or grants have been handed
over to six poultry-related operations in Pennsylvania.
Funding for the poultry operations forms part of the Commonwealth's
investment in diverse industries to strengthen the state's economy, part of more
than $13 million approved for investment in state industries.
: "In every corner of the state, we are making investments in the
future of Pennsylvania. We're working to create new opportunities for
Pennsylvania's hardworking men and women in a wide array of fields."
The poultry operations to receive the funds
- $200,000 to G. Buckwalter Family Limited Partnership, a
shell and hard-cooked egg processor, to build a 10,000-square-foot addition to
the company's main building and construct a new barn.
- $200,000 to Bryan and Monica Byers to construct two duck
finishing houses, allowing the dairy farm to diversity its operations.
- $200,000 to Jacob and Brooke Frazier, poultry farmers,
for the purchase of a farm.
- $200,000 to Jeffrey and Susan Werner to construct a new
turkey barn for their turkey farming operations. The Werners also received
$93,315 to purchase machinery and equipment for the new barn.
- $90,400 to David D.Bower to construct a broiler house on
his poultry farm.
- $200,000 to Jeffrey and Karen Cook to build a layer
house facility for their poultry farm.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.