Three-year-old girl dies of E.coli
A 3-year-old girl in Osaka, Japan, who was infected
with the O-157 strain of E.coli bacteria died earlier this week, the government
The child attended a nursery school, which is apparently not authorised by
the city, where four other children between 10 months and five years were also
infected. Two were hospitalised, while the other two are recovering at
The girl was hospitalised with severe stomach pains and diarrhoea.
According to officials, the she died of multiple organ failure as a result of
It is suspected that all five were fed the same food at the school,
but investigations are underway to detwrmine whether the source
of infection was from outside the school.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.