Poultry innovation gets three star award at SPACE
A poultry-related innovation received the highest honour of three Innov’SPACE stars yesterday evening.
The Innov’SPACE awards are given to innovations that are new for the French market. Prior to the show, the novelties had been classified as having one or two stars. The innovations should focus on achieving better technical, economic, sanitary or environmental performances.
Obtaining three stars, however, is a rare occurrence at SPACE – only five companies received ‘three stars’ for their innovations. Of the five one was awarded to a poultry production innovation:
- IMV Technologies with Nexcell, a conservation medium for turkey semen
The other three star awards were given to:
- Cimac Elevage with Euthazen (on-farm euthanasia for unhealthy pigs)
- Fancom with the Pig Cough Monitor
- Marechalle Pesage for a weighing scale for cattle
- Pichon/ Rolland Remorques/ Chambres d’Agriculture de Bretagne for ‘Eco-Spreading’.
Total number of awards
The 2013 edition of SPACE, showcased a record number of 64 awarded innovations, which is 17 more than in 2012, when 47 were on display. Of all innovations, 20 have come from outside France.
Elements as achieving better working conditions or improved animal welfare are also welcomed. In total, 50 received one star; 14 received two stars.
In the poultry segment, 11 awards have been given.
SPACE is held in Rennes, France, from 10-13 September.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.