Three-day old boiled eggs source of Thai salmonella poisoning
At the Suksa Songkhro Mai school in Thailand, pupils have taken sick after consuming three-day-old boiled eggs. The numbers of students who have fallen ill with salmonella poisoning has risen to 500.
The eggs were donated three days before they were eaten, not refrigerated, and were not re-heated before consumption, allowing the bacteria to develop, Dr Pornthep Siriwanarangsan, director general of the Disease Control Department said.
The large number of sick students has brought has about that of the 500 stricken, 290 are at home, 123 have been hospitalized for septicaemia, and 47 are receiving treatment in the school’s gymnasium, and 8 are critically ill.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.