Schering-Plough has appointed the executive team members of the company's
global animal health unit: Intervet / Schering- Plough Animal Health.
These appointments define the major steps in the design process of the
animal health unit. The executive team is chaired by Ruurd Stolp, senior vice
president and president animal health. Dr Stolp reports to Fred Hassan, chairman
and CEO, Schering-Plough.
Appointed as executive team members are:
* Raul Kohan, senior vice president, corporate excellence and deputy head
* Hugo Wahnish, vice president, global AH regions
* René Aerts, vice president, animal health, research and development
* K.J. Varma, vice president, AH, R&D pharmaceuticals
* Jochen Bader, vice president, global finance, animal health
* Malte Greune, vice president global supply chain animal health
* Mark van Heumen, law lead global animal health
* Andreas König, quality head, global quality operations, animal
* GrÃ¡inne Higgins, vice president, HR, animal health
The new combination Intervet / Schering-Plough Animal Health strengthens
the animal health portfolio in several areas and brings together complementary
lines of pharmaceuticals, biologicals and innovative services.
Intervet / Schering-Plough Animal Health is not only the world market
leader in the production of animal health vaccines, but is also one of the
world's leaders in the field of animal healthâ€”with offices in more than 50
countries and products marketed in over 120 countries.
Schering-Plough completed its acquisition of Intervet in November 2007. The
American company purchased the animal health division from Dutch chemical giant
Akzo Nobel for €11 billion.