Russia names banned US chicken plants
Reports state that Russia's animal and plant health
regulatory agency Rosselkhoznadzor announced that as of today, Russia will begin
its ban of imports from 19 US poultry plants.
It has been reported that the ban applies to the following plants:
- Butterball, LLC in Carthage, Mo.
- Case Farms of North
Carolina in Dudley, N.C.
- Choctaw Maid Farms in Forest, Miss.
- Farbest Foods in Huntingburg, Ind.
- House of Raeford Farms
in Raeford, N.C.
- Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, Wis.
- Mountainaire Farms in Selbyville, Del.
- Mountainaire Farms
of Delaware in Millsboro, Del.
- New Oxford Foods in New Oxford, Pa.
- Peco Foods in Bay Springs, Miss.
- Peco Foods in Sebastopol,
- Peterson Farms in Decatur, Ark.
- Sanderson Farms in
- Sanderson Farms in Collins, Miss.
- Simmons Foods in Soutwest City, Mo.
- Simmons Foods in
Siloam Springs, Ark.
- Tyson Foods in Carthage, Miss.
Foods in Clarkesville, Ark.
- Wayne Farms in Laurel, Miss.
"Joint Russian-US inspections of US poultry processing plants at the end of
July and the beginning of August showed a number of inspected plants do not
fully observe the agreed standards," said Rosselkhoznadzor. "The inspection
showed that many plants have not taken steps to eliminate faults discovered by
To comment, register here
Or register to be able to comment.