Russia re-lists US poultry exporters
Five US poultry plants have been reinstated as eligible to export to Russia, USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service announce.
The following facilities can now ship product produced on or after 13 November:
- Sanderson Farms Inc., Collins, Miss.
- House of Raeford Farms Inc., Greenville, S.C.
- Peco Foods Inc., Bay Springs, Miss.
- Peco Foods Inc., Sebastopol, Miss.
- Stanford Refrigerated Warehouses, Macon, Ga.
The Sanderson and Peco plants were among 19 US poultry facilities banned by Russia in August 2008 following an audit that discovered alleged violations of Russian standards.
Stanford Refrigerated Warehouses had reportedly not passed its 2007 Russian audit. The House of Raeford plant had been banned by Russia due to a finding of tetracycline residue in the fall of 2008, reports continue.
To comment, register here
Or register to be able to comment.