IEC preparing for Washington DC conference
The countdown has begun to the Washington DC conference of the International Egg Commission (IEC) , taking place from 18th – 22nd September. With the help of the American Egg Board, final preparations are being made.
The conference will present a selection of world-class speakers over four days. Over 350 leading egg industry figures are are expected to be present at the event. IEC Chairman, Joanne Ivy, says “I am delighted to be hosting the IEC Annual Marketing and Production Conference in Washington, D.C. We will be continuing our theme of Corporate and Social Responsibility and have some truly inspirational speakers lined up.”
Omelette World Record Holder, Howard Helmer will be making a guest appearance to give his infamous omelette demonstration and provide delegates an opportunity to cook their own omelette lunch.
Other speakers during the conference will include:
* Paul Guenette – “An international conversation: opportunities for the egg industry and developing countries”
* Kevin Brosch – “Key issues for global trade - The growth in bi-lateral agreement and food v fuel”
* Dr Mitch Kanter – “Egg nutrition research presents new opportunities”
* Professor Hans-Wilhelm Windhorst – “Patterns and dynamics of the egg industry in the Americas”
* Kevin Burkum – A special seminar on social media
* Dr Tina Widowski – “Natural behaviours”
* Warren Solocheck – "Global food service and consumer eating trends”
The conference is being held at the Gaylord National Harbor Hotel, Washington, D.C.
To register contact the IEC office
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.