Building on a successful launch in San Francisco, USA, the Animal AgTech Innovation Summit will be held in Amsterdam on October 1-2.
The 2-day summit aims to accelerate innovation, investment and partnerships in animal health, nutrition and precision farming and as such the event is supported by a wide range of companies working in those fields, as well as new technology start-ups and investors. 300 delegates are expected to attend the event, which will be held in the Novotel, Amsterdam City.
The event promises a rare opportunity to bring together all key areas of the animal agtech ecosystem, with senior leaders of international agribusinesses, livestock producers, feed companies and ingredients manufacturers, technology providers, entrepreneurs and investors in one place.
The Animal AgTech Innovation Summit will for the first time set foot in Europe. Photo: ReThinks Events
On its website, the Animal AgTech Innovation Summit states: “Through case studies of technology implementation, panel debates, start-up pitching sessions and investor insights, the summit will showcase advances in digitisation, monitoring, diagnostics, vaccines, feed formulation and precision nutrition.”
A key feature of this summit is its interactive character. Speakers will convey their message to the audience in a mixture of different set-ups and there is also a 1-1 networking area and meeting tool for delegates to connect prior to and during the summit.
Key summit themes will include:
- Building the animal agtech ecosystem of the future
- Smart livestock and dairy farming
- Enhancing efficiency, quality, safety and sustainability in aquaculture
- The microbiome & precision nutrition
- Gene editing for disease resistance, reproductive and growth efficiency
- Vaccines & diagnostics
- Collaborative partnerships
- Investment & finance for scaling animal agtech to commercial viability
An earlier edition of the event in San Francisco, USA, in March attracted 260 professional delegates. Photo: ReThink Events
Speakers at the Animal AgTech Summit
Within the context of these themes, a wide range of 65 well-known speakers have confirmed their presence. Some will be keynote speakers or panellists, others will participate in round-table sessions and others yet again will pitch new technologies. Among the speakers are:
- Dr Mark Lyons, president & CEO, Alltech;
- George Heidgerken, global head of livestock, Boehringer Ingelheim;
- Preben Sunke, vice-CEO, Danish Crown
- Ernst van Orsouw, global director of strategic planning, Genus PIC;
- Erwin Blomsma, CEO, ViroVet; and
- Drees Beekman, senior vice-president Benelux, Africa & Middle East, Zoetis.
From left to right: Dr Mark Lyons, George Heidgerken, Preben Sunke, Ernst van Orsouw, Erwin Blomsma and Drees Beekman. Photo: ReThink Events
Additional speakers come from the following companies: Anterra Capital, AllFlex Livestock Intelligence, Cargill, Calysta, Evonik Venture Capital, Hendrix Genetics, Ministry of Agriculture, Novozymes, Perdue Farms, Roslin Institute, Sainsbury’s and Ynsect.
The 1st edition of the Animal AgTech Innovation Summit was held in March 2019 in San Francisco preceding the co-located World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit. At that event, 42 speakers addressed an audience of 260 delegates. A 2nd event will be held in San Francisco on March 16, 2020.