US: Poultry recalled for non-inspection
Fran's Fryers of Milford, Texas is recalling approximately 251 pounds (114 kg) of various raw poultry products because they were produced without the benefit of federal inspection, the US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
The following Fran's Fryers products are subject to recall: [View Label]
- 2-lb. packages of "Boneless Dark 2# Chicken Leg Meat"
- 2-lb. and 5-lb. packages of "Chicken Breast Tenders"
- 3-lb. and 5-lb. packages of "Chicken Bone In Breast"
- 5-lb. package of "Ground Turkey 5#"
- 5-lb. packages of "Cut Up Fryer"
- 5-lb. packages of "Whole Fryers"
Each package bears the establishment number "P 20784" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The products were produced on November 11, 2013, and shipped to retail establishments in Texas.
The problem occurred due to a miscommunication between the company and FSIS inspection program personnel assigned to the establishment regarding the need for inspection coverage on the federal holiday. The company produced product without the presence of inspection program personnel.
FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.