New products at the Pig & Poultry Fair
From products to reduce feather pecking to British control terminals, LED lighting to biosecurity measures, there will be plenty to peruse at this year’s fair. We profile four innovations about to hit the market.
New products are a major feature of the British Pig & Poultry Fair. The biennial event will feature all the latest additions to the market, all categorised in a New Products Innovation Trail, enabling visitors to easily identify what is new.
Vencomatic's Pecking Pan. Photo: Vencomatic
1. The Pecking Pan, Vencomatic Poultry UK
Poultry equipment manufacturer Vencomatic will launch its pecking pan, an enrichment which helps to smooth birds’ beaks. The company says the devices are most effective when placed in scratch areas, or under cover on ranges, and suspending them at crop height may help keep birds more interested. The benefits to birds are backed up by a two-year MSc study undertaken at Bristol University that concluded: “Pecking Pans for chicks/pullets can provide a long-lasting environment enrichment which may reduce injurious pecking, reduce plumage damage and enhance bird welfare.”
2. Cyclone One, Collinson
The Cyclone Bio provides farmers with a new bio-security management tool. Mounted on the silo leg and connected to the exhaust pipe via a hose, dust that generated during pneumatic filling is collected in the cyclone. This eliminates dust around the silo base, which previously could attract wild birds and vermin, and with them the threat of disease. A robust slide enables straightforward emptying after filling.
3. LINK-LIGHT, Agricultural LED Lighting
This LED and control technology is packaged within an easy to install plug and play link cable system, according to manufacturer Agricultural LED Lighting.
The equipment is UK designed and produced specifically for the poultry industry.
A poultry controller made in the UK for the UK farmer. With full access from a smartphone, tablet or laptop, using either a land line or 4G network, this easy-to-use touchscreen control unit gives you exactly the package you’re looking for.
Help your business stay ahead at the 2018 fair
The biennial British Pig and Poultry Fair will take place at Stoneleigh on 15 & 16 May. Here are four highlights of the 2018 fair you do not want to miss.
1. EXPERT-LED FORUMS: For expert advice and ideas to stay ahead, take a look at the forum programme. A great chance to hear from poultrymeat and egg industry leaders. The programme kicks off at 10am with a market outlook for eggs, followed by predictions for poultrymeat at 12pm. Afternoon topics include making better use of data to drive business efficiencies at 1pm. The British Free Range Egg Producers will also be holding a special seminar comparing the welfare and economics of flat-deck and multi-tier housing systems at 2.30pm.
2. ADVICE AND IDEAS FROM LEADING SUPPLIERS: Meet over 360 exhibitors, including over 50 international suppliers, who will be on hand to offer the latest advice and new innovations for all areas of your business from breeding and genetics to nutrition, health, housing and handling.
3. NETWORKING: Attracting more than 10,000 visitors from across the UK, Ireland and Europe, the fair offers a unique opportunity for producers and the allied industry to meet, share ideas and keep up to date.
4. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Leading farmers value the fair, with 97% rating the fair as good or excellent with four out of five farmers planning to make changes to their business as a result of their visit.
Entry to the fair is free, with free parking and event guide upon arrival. To gain entry all visitors need to register. Save time on the day by registering in advance online at www.pigandpoultry.org.uk
When: Tuesday 15 May 9am–5pm and Wednesday 16 May 9am–4pm
Where: NAEC Stoneleigh, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire. Satnav postcode: CV8 2LG
To plan your day, see a list of exhibitors and new products which will be at the fair, visit the website www.pigandpoultry.org.uk
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.