Although real data is yet to be calculated, animal feed production in Indonesia is predicted to reach 5 million tonnes during this first semester of 2011, the chairman of Indonesian Feedmills Association, FX Sudirman has stated.
Of that production, 85% or around 4.25 million tonnes would be dominated by poultry feed, such as broiler, layer, duck and quail. The remaining 15% consists of cattle and pig feed and around 500,000 tonnes of aquaculture feed.
Sudirman also stated that three new feedmills have just built in 2010. The first one is owned by PT Malindo Feedmill, the second one is owned by PT New Hope and is located in East Java. The third one is owned by PT East Hope and is located in West Java. “The investment of one feedmill ranged from USD 50 million to USD 100 million,” he said.
Considering the additional three feedmills, Sudirman predicts the total production could reach 10.3 million tonnes at the end of 2011.