News update:Jun 2, 2008

Tyson enters joint venture with Godrej

Tyson Foods is joining forces with Godrej Group for a poultry processing and marketing joint venture in India.

It is reported that the US giant will hold a 51% stake in the joint venture, while the remaining 49% will be owned by Godrej Agrovet, whose poultry business - including brands like Real Good Chicken and Yummiez - will be spun off into the new entity.
It is expected that the deal will be finalised next month, and that the venture will launch new processed and value-added poultry products.
Godrej Agrovet is one of the largest producers and marketers of animal feeds and agri-inputs in India. The partnership will help it gain access to the global food processing and product development technology of Tyson Foods.
The two groups already have a working relationship. Godrej Agrovet is the sole franchisee of Cobb-Avian, a subsidiary of Tyson Foods.

Editor WorldPoultry

Or register to be able to comment.