Company update: DSM Q3 2012
Dutch life science company DSM reports a Q3 EBITDA from continuing operations of €270 million (Q3 2011: €339 million).
Other highlights in short:
- Life Sciences, showed good performance, representing 76% of Q3 EBITDA
- Materials Sciences continued to perform well, except for caprolactam
- Further strategic progress with acquisitions
- Strong Q3 cash flow from operating activities of €253 million
- Outlook 2012 largely unchanged
Find the tables on www.dsm.com or in the pdf version of the quarterly report.
Commenting on the results, Feike Sijbesma, CEO/Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, said:
"Despite a challenging global trading environment DSM continued to generate good results mainly driven by our Nutrition cluster.
“We continued to make good progress towards our strategic goals with the purchase of Tortuga and Cargill's cultures and enzymes business. We have now invested €2.3 billion in acquisitions since the end of 2010, of which €1.9 billion in Nutrition.
“With these acquisitions we are building new platforms and are strengthening our downstream network. This will create significant future value for the company whilst further increasing the resilience of DSM's earnings profile."
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.