Nutreco revenue up 10.8% in first half year of 2012
Animal nutrition company Nutreco reported a strong first half year results. With a record EBITA of €103.6 million, passing €100 million for the first time and 23.9% higher than the first half year of 2011.
All business segments for the company, headquartered in the Netherlands, performed better than in the first half year of 2011. The fish feed sector saw a strong volume growth, especially for salmon, with shrimp feed further increasing due to the contribution of the Shihai feed business in China acquired in October 2011.
Wout Dekker, Nutreco CEO, in a press release said: "As in 2008 we again see that the tight balance between supply and demand in agricultural raw materials has had a serious impact on prices. The rising prices for feed raw materials are having an impact on the production costs of livestock farmers. This explains the ongoing R&D commitment of Nutreco to explore alternative and less expensive raw material options and to increase the efficiency of feed formulations."
• Revenue of €2,354.5 million; an increase of 10.8% compared with the first half of 2011, of which 4.7% is organic volume growth
• EBITA Animal Nutrition increased by 22.2% and EBITA Fish Feed up by 24.6%
• Expansion of operations in Brazil by increased shareholding in Fri-Ribe and acquisition of farm mineral company Bellman
• Excellent performance in China both in Animal Nutrition and Fish Feed; strong growth in Shihai fish feed business (acquired in October 2011)
• Earnings per share from continuing operations increased by 45.9%
• Sale of Hendrix substantially completed, gain on sale of €18.9 million
• 2012 interim dividend of €0.60 (2011: €0.50) in cash or shares
• New Executive Board in place from August 2012
• Outlook: In an uncertain environment and based on current trading conditions, Nutreco expects full year EBITA before exceptional items of approximately €260 million (2011: €231.6 million).
• Develop higher margin portfolio of nutritional solutions
• Focus on Premix and Feed Specialties and Fish Feed
• Continue drive for operational excellence in mature markets
• Grow in geographies Latin America, Russia, China and Southeast Asia
• Start implementing the actions from Sustainability Vision 2020
Nutreco's 'Ambition 2016 - driving sustainable growth' is to grow and improve profitability by providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions for its customers and is expected to result in an EBITA of EUR 400 million by 2016. This will be realised by focusing on a higher margin portfolio of nutritional solutions such as premixes, feed specialties and fish feed, and by expanding into the growth geographies of Latin America, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, which will see the largest increases in both production and consumption of animal protein food products.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.