PSA announces award winners at annual meeting
The Poultry Science Association (PSA) has announced the winners of more than two dozen awards in poultry science and related disciplines.
The winners, which included researchers, teachers, students and others who work in poultry-related fields, were announced at PSA’s 102nd annual meeting, held in San Diego, California.
“We are delighted to be able to recognise this year’s award winners, who are all outstanding. Once again, the selections were made extremely difficult in many of the award categories due to the very high quality of work currently being conducted across our membership, in both the academy and the poultry industry. We salute the hard work and consistently high level of achievement of this year’s awardees, and we sincerely hope that they and their work will serve as an inspiration to others over the coming year and beyond,” said PSA President Dr. Mike Kidd.
This year’s winners will be formally recognised at an awards celebration the evening of July 25th at the Town and Country Resort and Convention Center in San Diego.
New PSA Fellows
No more than five PSA members may be named Fellows at any given PSA annual meeting. The title is awarded “for professional distinction and contributions to the field of poultry science without regard to longevity,” and is the highest recognition that the organisation can bestow on a member.
This year PSA announced three new PSA Fellows. They are:
• James W. Kessler, Ph.D. (Kemin Industries, Inc.)
• Michael S. Lilburn, Ph.D. (The Ohio State University)
• Carl M. Parsons, Ph.D. (University of Illinois)
Other Honors and Award Winners include:
• American Egg Board Research Award – Frederick G. Silversides, Ph.D. (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada)
• American Feed Industry Association Poultry Nutrition Research Award – Alejandro Corzo, Ph.D. (Elanco Animal Health)
• Evonik Degussa Award for Achievement in Poultry Science – Todd J. Applegate, Ph.D. (Purdue University)
• Hy-Line International Research Award – Byung-Whi Kong, Ph.D. (University of Arkansas)
• Maple Leaf Farms Duck Research Award –Michael S. Lilburn, Ph.D. (The Ohio State University)
• Merial Distinguished Poultry Industry Career Award – Paul Marini, Ph.D. (Nicholas Turkey)
• National Chicken Council Broiler Research Award – William A. Dozier, III, Ph.D. (Auburn University)
• Novus International Teaching Award – Shelly R. McKee, Ph.D. (Auburn University)
• Phibro Extension Award – Michael Czarick, III (University of Georgia)
• Poultry Welfare Research Award – Kenneth E. Anderson, Ph.D. (North Carolina State University)
• PSA Early Achievement Award for Extension – Brian H. Kiepper, Ph.D., (University of Georgia)
• PSA Early Achievement Award for Industry – Ross Wolfenden, Ph.D. (Pacific Vet Group USA)
• PSA Student Recruitment Award – Gary D. Davis (University of Arkansas)
• Tyson Foods Support Personnel Award – Howard Lester (University of Arkansas)
• Zoetis Fundamental Science Award – Young Min Kwon, Ph.D. (University of Arkansas)
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.