Poultry World will host a webinar on Coccidiosis on April 13th at 15.00 CET. Don’t miss out on our valuable content and register for this free webinar below.
Coccidiosis, the mitigation and prevention thereof is top of mind of every poultry producer in the world. That said, the disease is bugging the poultry industry since it was discovered in the late 1920’s and has a major economic impact. Total estimated loss is massive, calculated at a gross €10 billion on an annual basis. This makes Coccidiosis probably the most important disease in poultry. Very important is the finding that almost 70% of this estimated cost is due to subclinical coccidiosis, by impact on weight gain and feed conversion rate. One of the reasons for these remarkable findings is probably the difficult diagnosis of subclinical coccidiosis. Progress has been made in combating the disease, but it is still a threat. Our 3 speakers will delve into the disease from their point of view and share the best strategies to tackle it.
Dr. Attila Kovacs
Global Intestinal Health Category Manager at Innovad
Alternative approach to prevent anticoccidial resistance
- Cocci as the most devastating disease in poultry industry.
- How to identify and correctly measure the impact of coccidiosis on farm level.
- Anticoccidial as support for broiler production
- Natural support for the existing anticoccidials to restore efficacy
- Suggestion for cocci-program containing natural alternatives
- Review and take home
Product Manager at Nor-Feed
Managing Coccidiosis with Botanicals: Yes we can
- Introduction about saponins: a complex kingdom that deserves accurate tools and expertise
- Choosing the right saponins combination for maximum efficacy
- Saponins vs chemical or fermentation coccidiostats: Field results
Host and editor of Poultry World